JSA+Partners, a tight-knit, fast-paced boutique communications firm, is looking for a PR Coordinator to join our team and help service clients across our esports, gaming, and sports betting clients. You would be responsible for contributing and supporting the JSA+Partners Esports & Gaming team in executing public relations strategies including: strategic counsel, client management, thought leadership, and media relations. You will have a great opportunity to join a small team and make a big impact on some of the fastest-growing industries globally.
The role is ideally hybrid and LA-based, but can be fully remote for the right candidate. You can expect occasional travel throughout the year, including to our HQ in Santa Monica, CA.
• Support on PR activities for key accounts across both midsized and global companies and interact with client executives and team members.
• Help account leads develop strategic plans and execute successful communications campaigns for clients specifically in esports and gaming.
• Develop creative written materials that reflect an understanding of our clients’ businesses, including briefing documents, pitches, and press releases.
• Handle day-to-day deliverables, including project management and account support, to help manage the workload of account leads.
• Help to oversee thought leadership programs on behalf of clients, primarily spearheading speaking and award opportunities.
• Support on media opportunities for clients, including managing media inquiries and preparing executives for interviews.
• Contribute to brainstorms and help to develop and execute new proactive story ideas for clients.
• Participate in client calls.
• Maintain a keen understanding of esports, gaming, and traditional sports industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy for trend hijacking and evergreen story angles.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF YOU:
• Have at least 1-2 years of experience in public relations and communications
• Care about clients in esports, gaming, and sports betting and getting wins for them and wanting to go the extra mile
• Are interested in and have an understanding of the esports and gaming landscape
• Are a strategic thinker, intellectually curious, and a problem solver
• Are a team player, effective collaborator, and enjoy taking initiative on new projects and proactively bringing new ideas to the table
• Are incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Can work in a fast-paced environment, switching back and forth on clients frequently
• Are a self-starter and self-confident, but also enjoy having fun
• Are dedicated to putting the work in during the day so you can get on with your life.
• Have a hunger and desire to grow as a PR professional
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
• An understanding or interest in esports and gaming
• An understanding of PR methodologies and basic strategies
• Exceptional communication, writing, and editing skills
• Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail
• Previous working experience at a gaming/esports company or traditional sports brand
• Are also interested in consumer technology and digital media
• Are currently in a similar role
• PTO that increases with tenure, plus holidays and flexible remote days
• Paid office closure for the last week of the year
• Medical and dental coverage
• Flexible Fridays year-round
• Annual learning & development stipend
• 401K with matching after one year
• Relocation (if applicable) and/or student loan payment
JSA+Partners is a Santa Monica-based communications agency specializing in servicing the consumer technology, digital media space and esports & gaming. We work with clients, from startups to global brands, to develop and execute the right strategies to reach desired business objectives. Our full suite of services includes strategic counsel, positioning and messaging, thought leadership, media relations and crisis communications. We take a personalized approach to each client to build brands and create value.
At JSA, we respect and encourage everyone to be their unique selves. We are committed to fostering an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their full potential, to have an excellent career experience and be a valued member of the team. Come join us, and come as you are.